Related Party Customs Valuation
Attention All Importers, Customs Brokers, In-House Lawyers and other interested persons. This program will begin with the basic concepts underlying related party valuation in order to form a foundation for a fuller understanding of the more advanced topics which will also be covered including the relationship between the IRS and CBP, post-entry price adjustments and alternate methods of valuation for related party transactions.
· Importance of Correct Related Party Valuation
· Customs Definition of Related Parties
· How “Transfer Prices” are Established
· Related Party Customs Valuation Methods
· Post-Entry Price Adjustments
· Tests for Acceptability of Transaction Value
· Obligations of Related Party Importers
· Relationship of Customs Valuation to IRS Transfer pricing; 26 U.S.C. §1059A
· Reasonable Care for Valuation
· "First Sale" Valuation
International Trade Club of Chicago (ITCC) is a not-for-profit organization. Proceeds used solely to cover the cost of ITCC activities. ITCC appreciates efforts of volunteer speakers.
ATTENTION CERTIFIED CUSTOMS SPECIALISTS:
This program is approved by the NCBFAA for 2 CCS continuing education points.
Please indicate if a certificate of attendance is desired when making your registration, along with your NEI ID# at the time of registration.