The Future of Global Supply Chains in the Age of Tariffs
A Joint Presentation by the International Trade Club of Chicago and the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm, Registration and Networking
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Program
8:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Networking
Granite City Food & Beverage
801 Plaza Drive (outside of the southwest corner of Woodfield Mall – look for water tower; plenty of parking)
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
While tariffs have long been used in international trade, developments over the last two years have had an unprecedented impact on the tightly integrated cross border supply chains that have been constructed in the last three decades. Since the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the opening of China’s economy in 1979, globalization has fueled multilateral trade pacts enabling manufacturers around the world to operate globally with much lower impediments and frictions to doing business. In today’s heated world of trade wars, globalization is said to be in retreat as manufacturers rethink supply chains and risk mitigation. Our panel of experts will assess the current situation and offer their respective views.
- Tom Degnan has over 25 years of experience in global logistics, transportation, distribution, supply chain, and international trade compliance in the sectors of chemicals, consumer products, and manufacturing.
- Brian F. Walsh is an attorney whose practice concentrates in the area of customs and international trade law, particularly the issues raised by the administration of duties by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Export controls and antidumping and countervailing duties have been his focus for over 30 years.
- Matthew Clark is the licensed corporate officer for SEKO Customs Brokerage Inc. and has 25 years of experience in compliance, logistics and customs brokerage. His responsibilities include overseeing the required “responsible supervision” as mandated by the customs regulations.
The moderators of the panel are:
- Fabrice Bonvoisin, President, International Trade Club of Chicago
- Chicago Chapter Officer, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
Register online URL$40 members
Walk in/at the door $70 cash or check
Become a member at www.itcc.org
Space limited – advance registration required by November 12 to ensure availability
Price includes one (1) drink ticket for beer, wine or soft drink, and heavy appetizers
For information only, no registration:
ITCC/Karl L. Buschmann firstname.lastname@example.org
CSCMP/Ray Schiliro email@example.com